[Samba] Samba4 and Ubuntu 12.10 : problem to get it working...

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Mon May 6 10:09:47 MDT 2013

Hello Thierry,

Am 06.05.2013 09:58, schrieb Thierry Gonon:
> Thank for your answer.
> So, I started samba directly and I get 1 samba process and 2 smbd child process.

There should be more. Can you attach your smb.conf? Maybe you have
deactivated something.

> For the log, where should I see ? In /var/log, I have a folder
 > called samba, containing (with others...) log.windbind and
 > log.wb-WORKGROUP Is it one of these ?

Do this logs have a current timestamp?

If you don't know where your logs are going to, check if you you have a
'log file =' parameter. If not, add it.

But you can also start samba without bringing it to background, to get
messages.

# samba -i

Regards,
Marc