[Samba] New Windows 8 RSAT and "OU=Domain Controllers" support?

Pekka L.J. Jalkanen pekka.jalkanen at vihreat.fi
Fri May 3 10:21:32 MDT 2013

On 26.4.2013 13:05, Pekka L.J. Jalkanen wrote:

> So it seems that for some reason, exporting the keytab from Samba DC
> doesn't work. I tried to kinit first using the domain admin account, but
> to no avail--exportkeytab still throws the same error.
>
> Now, for the purposes of bug 9828 I could probably export it from our
> Windows DC using ktpass.exe, but I'd naturally like to know what's wrong
> here.
>
> What should I do? Am I missing something here?

I forgot this for some time... as the samba-tool exportkeytab didn't
work, the easiest way to get a proper keytab for decrypting the capture
was apparently just copy secrets.keytab from the Samba DC and feed that
file to Wireshark. At least I've now managed to decrypt the stuff myself.

However, as this is not a test domain, I can't just post such a
sensitive piece of information to Bugzilla. I am, however, ready to send
it in a GPG-encrypted message to Andrew (currently assigned to the bug)
or another trusted Samba dev working on the bug. Would that be OK?

Pekka L.J. Jalkanen