[Samba] Replacing Win2000 DC with Samba4 - Success!

Phil Quesinberry philq at qsystemsengineering.com
Wed May 1 09:21:34 MDT 2013

>Samba4 is not able to migrate from Win2000 directly - we think this
>problem is not sufficiently addressed in the docs and in the wiki. So
>our first attempts to do so did not succeed.

I have to agree, this explains the problem we were having.  Apparently your
research Kung Fu is better than mine, I was never able to turn up anything
to show that this was the case so I was expecting it to work and had posted
a question about it on the forum which no one was able to answer, presumably
due to the lack of info mentioned above.

Many thanks for sharing your success story.  This info needs to go on the
Wiki.

Cheers,

- Phil