[Samba] how to upload printer driver from 64bit windows 7/8?

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Wed May 1 05:33:00 MDT 2013

Hello Graeme

Am 01.05.2013 04:27, schrieb kylewong at southa.com:
> Anyone know how to upload 64bit printer driver to a samba server from
> x64 windows so that all x64 PC can do point and print?
>
> When I browser to //server with 64bit windows 7/8 , there's no
> "Printers" folder at the server. I cannot view the printer properties
> and upload printer driver as I usually do with 32bit windows XP.

Have you setup samba to work as a print-server
(https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_as_a_print_server)?

If you have a [print$] share and on it the required driver directory
structure, you should be able to upload drivers through the the wizzard
(On Win7 go to \\servername, click 'open remote printers', righ-click
somewhere, 'server settings', 'drivers', ...)

Regards
Marc