[Samba] Internal DNS CNAME not working

Wayne Andersen waynea at clima-tech.com
Fri Mar 29 11:32:22 MDT 2013

Centos 6.4 64bit

I have just sent the details of strace and dig, in a separate mail
Frankly I do not know how to read the results.

dnstracer -v my-server.mydomain.com fails with, return code 3 (Name error)
dnstracer -v -q cname my-server.mydomain.com succeeds, returns Resource
data (9)samba-001

It looks like my resolver only checks the local dns for A records.

Wayne Andersen
System Administrator
Clima-Tech Corporation
208-947-1849