[Samba] Making users local administrators

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Thu Mar 21 09:30:03 MDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Terry Austin <terry at crownhardware.com> wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2013 at 10:29, L.P.H. van Belle wrote:
>
>> DONT DO IT !!
>>
>> This is Administrators 1ste rule !!
>> NEVER, but then NEVER giver users Administrator/PowerUser rights.
>
> I have no choice. There's too much stuff out of my control that requires
> the daily user have admin rights locally.

Well, it's a lot more work, but you could use the Windows utilities
FILEMON and REGMON to monitor what file and registry access your
applications require on the local machine, and then grant the local
user access to just those needed items, rather than across-the-board
full local administrator access.

--

2B || !2B