[Samba] Making users local administrators

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Mar 21 03:29:46 MDT 2013

DONT DO IT !!

This is Administrators 1ste rule !!
NEVER, but then NEVER giver users Administrator/PowerUser rights.

Do not give the users ability to install software, wrong wrong...

This is you trojans/Virussus etc come in your computer.

and if you do give these rights,
Do not install Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, Java. ( especialy Java )

Its simpel, without Admin rights on users, you pc is about 90% more safer.
if you also remove flash java adobe, you are about 99,5% safe.

If you have an application which needs extra rights.
Do it save, how...

1 create a network group voor this App.. example PHOTOSHOPRIGHTS

Set in het registry, on the photoshop, the domain group to able to write.
( if needed, us a monitor tool to look which registry things need write access )

Set on the folder ) c:\program files\Photoshop ) the domain group to write.

Now you have a hole on the pc, but no trojan/virus is able to install itself.

Good luck.

Louis