[Samba] Samba 4 AD DC and BIND

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Tue Mar 19 18:47:30 MDT 2013

On 03/19/2013 08:38 PM, Ricky Nance wrote:
> I seen this error recently myself, and haven't yet investigated whats going on for sure, but I suspect its the way
> dns_connect is parsing everything (I seen it with the | or >) ... try with -Uadministrator%password (replacing
> password to be the administrator password you use) and report back please.
>
> Ricky

If you search for a label that is in the DNS then the command succeeds.

If you search for a label that is not in the DNS it yields the following error:

    /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool dns query 127.0.0.1 company.com www.company.com ALL -Uadministrator%HIDDEN
    ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (9714, 'WERR_DNS_ERROR_NAME_DOES_NOT_EXIST')
      File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 175, in _run
        return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
      File "/usr/local/samba/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/dns.py", line 974, in run
        None, record_type, select_flags, None, None)

samba-tool behaving badly....

-Gerry