[Samba] Folder redirection changes library names

Alexander Busam a.busam at hofmann-foerdertechnik.com
Mon Mar 18 09:39:39 MDT 2013

Hello!

I know that this topic belogs more to Windows 7 than to Samba. But
perhaps some users had the same problem already and could give some help.

I used folder redirection for an existing roaming profile as described
in http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/happy.html#redirfold

All works fine. But the localized geman names of the libraries changed
after the first relogon as described below.

- Eigene Bilder (My Pictures)--> Pictures
- Eigene Dokumente (My Documents) --> Documents
- Eigene Musik (My Musik) --> Music
- Eigene Videos (My Videos) --> Videos

I did this things with Windows 7 and Samba 3.5.9 and have done the
following steps:

1. Log on to the users profile

2. Changed the registry value for AppData at

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders\

from %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming
to \\servername\username\.folderredirection\AppData\Roaming

3. Log out the user and copied the directory on the samba server
from /home/username/.msprofile.V2/AppData
to /home/username/.folderredirection

4. Log on to the users profile again.

Thanks for help.

Alex