[Samba] Migrating Win2000 PDC to Samba4 AD

Lukas Gradl samba.org at ssn.at
Mon Mar 18 03:07:04 MDT 2013

Zitat von felix at epepm.cupet.cu:

>> Hi!
>>
>> We want to replace an old Win2000 Server (PDC). As we've already some
>> Samba4 AD-Controllers up and running we would like to migrate to that
>> setup.
>
> I think this is what you're looking for:
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC
>
> Felix.

Thanks for all that helped - afaik the join of the domain worked, the
servers will see each other, I can see the samba4-server in Domain
Controllers tab in AD.

Two problem still exist:

How to move the DNS-Server from the Win2k-DC to the Samba4-Server?
Ideally to a bind9-installation on the samba4-Server? When
provisioning samba4 with a new domain I get the Bind9 config templates
which work quite well. But on joining the exitent Win2k-Domain I
didn't get these...

And when running "samba-tool drs showrepl" the "INBOUND NEIGHBORS" and
"OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS" are both empty - otherwise the output seems to
look ok. Is this ok?

Perhaps someone is able to help me over that last things.

regards

Lukas