[Samba] New to Samba 4

TMason c.koeber at live.com
Fri Mar 15 17:53:53 MDT 2013

"Fernando"  wrote in message news:51408060.1040307 at netkeep.com.br...

Hi list, it's my first post here, and I have a basic question, but
couldn't find a good explanation out there.... It's about users folders,
or the [homes] section in Samba 3.X. I believe that the users now stay
inside the AD, and they're not unix users anymore, so, how can I
implement the users folders now, if there is no users folders on the
host system????

Thanks!

You mean like a default location when they log into a Unix host, or a folder
for when a person browses from the network.

If the former, check out the "templates homedir" option. Mine is configured
like so:

template homedir = /home/%D/%U
template shell = /bin/bash

If the latter, this is how I configured mine, which works well in
conjunction with what I wrote above:

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no