[Samba] Samba (3.6.12) - Different Home Directories for Different Users

TMason c.koeber at live.com
Fri Mar 15 14:59:56 MDT 2013

Hello,

I am using Samba (3.6.12) with Gentoo Linux (Kernel Version 3.7.10) and I
have a system integrated with Active Directory (the Microsoft Windows
servers are running 2008 Enterprise Edition, Release 2). All is well on that
front (I can log in, directories are created, etc.)

What I would like to do now is have different /etc/skel directories for
different groups. So, for example, if someone from the Finance department
logs in one set of default settings are copied for that person but if
someone from sales logs in another set of default settings are copied over
for that user.

How can I do this with Samba/Linux? Thank you for your time.