[Samba] Samba panics frequently after being configured for AD authentication

Thu Mar 14 03:57:15 MDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 02:13:47PM -0600, Chris Kukuchka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had just completed reconfiguring Samba so it would
> authenticate against Active Directory.  After user side
> testing seemed successful, I found the log directory on
> the server was growing quickly and abrtd emails were being
> sent out.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to track down
> the cause for these panics and I am looking for help.

If you happen to have one of the core files left, can you
get us a full backtrace ("bt full" in gdb) with symbols, so
that we can see the line numbers and local variables? You
might have to install debuginfo RPMs for Samba.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de