[Samba] winbindd performance tunning?

xx77009833 xx77009833 at 126.com
Wed Mar 13 11:25:06 MDT 2013

Thank you for your reply:)

Winbindd version is 3.5.8, it runs on a 8 core CPUs machine, and my DC(win2k8) runs on a 4 core CPUs machine.
"performance is slow" means, the transaction per second is around 200. I think it is slow and should be better.
The CPU usage of winbindd is not high. I suspect that winbindd doesn't processing the request in parallel or it is blocked by some internal synchronous operation. But I am not sure.
Till now, I have not profiled winbindd to find where the time is spent......

They all run over my local-area network. So I think network is fast enough
and I suppose DC is not the bottleneck under such pressure:)
BTW.
I found there is a macro WINBINDD_MAX_CLIENTS, and I modified it to 20000. All tests have been done under this condition.

So, the question,
Any suggestion of winbindd performance tunning?
Will it be helpful by using samba4? Is it fully asynchronous internally?

appreciate your help very much!

Xin.