[Samba] Fwd: creating posgres service principal

Saad Benateigha sbenateigha at geomega.com
Tue Mar 12 15:12:59 MDT 2013

Jsut in case

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: "Saad Benateigha" <sbenateigha at geomega.com>
To: samba-bounces at lists.samba.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:11:11 PM
Subject: creating posgres service principal

Hello!

I have found some information in the Samba and beyond
And this what I did
# samba-tool user create postgres-servername
# samba-tool spn add postgres/servername.domain_name at REALM postgres-servername

The following command:
# samba-tool domain exportkeytab /root/krb5.keytab --principal=postgres/servername.domain_name at REALM

generates the following exception

ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - Key table entry not found
File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 175, in _run
return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/samba/lib/python2.7/site-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 103, in run
net.export_keytab(keytab=keytab, principal=principal)

What did I do?

by the way
When I check list of the service principal(s) for the user postgres-servname, the principal mentioned above does belone the user psotgres-servername
I ran the following command # sam-tool spn list postgres-servername
Also I can export the key tab for the the default principal krbtgt
using the following command
# samba-tool domain exportkeytab /root/outfile.keytab

Is the switch --principal working?

Saad