[Samba] samba4 AD DC as file server?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 11 16:34:28 MDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 01:30 +0800, d tbsky wrote:
> hi:
>    I want to setup a small samba4 server with AD and file server function.
> I know that samba4 AD DC has no netbios browsing support. are there other
> missing functions, like winbindd or something else?

The next release will include this patch, which avoids mistakenly
creating world-writeable files in additional file shares.

>   and if I install two samba4 instance, one to "/usr/local/samba"(for file
> server), one to "/usr/local/samba-ad"(for AD DC). and give them two seprate
> ip to bind. will it work better?

No, it would need to be a different virtual machine (you can only have
one winbind per machine, and the different winbind is most important
difference between the operating modes).

Andrew Bartlett