[Samba] Samba 4 AD DC and BIND

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Mon Mar 11 01:52:46 MDT 2013

I think it is NO.
If you think about what bind is doing?!: bind needs to read/write in
ex.:/usr/local/samba/private/dns and reads
/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf.
In my case the named conf:
dlz "AD DNS Zone" {
    # For BIND 9.8.0
    database "dlopen /usr/local/samba/lib/bind9/dlz_bind9.so";

In my production environment I point bind on my samba4 ads to addresses
outside the domain with the forwarder option to another
bind running.

Greetings
Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller