[Samba] S4 : trusting 2003 domain

BOTZ Franck (Informaticien) - DDT 67/SG/MGI/CI franck.botz at bas-rhin.gouv.fr
Fri Mar 8 02:45:30 MST 2013

Hi Andrew

My question: is it possible to mix a solution to enable a trusting relation ?

I explain :

I have 2 different domains name : DOMAIN1 and DOMAIN2

DOMAIN1 = manage with windows 2003 PDC
DOMAIN2 = the new domain

Like building a trust relation isn't possible between S4 and 2003 if I
do this :

1- Install a Win2003Server which manage the DOMAIN2
2- Build a trust relation between the DOMAIN1 and DOMAIN2 will be functionnal
3- Joining a new DC on DOMAIN2 (a Samba4 DC)
4- Joining a new member server for file share (Samba4 member server)

Can I use the DOMAIN1 users/groups on this member server ?

If I stop the Win2003Server which manage the DOMAIN2, what's happened ?

Best regards,

Franck