[Samba] SAMBA bringing NFS server to a halt

Andreas Gaiser info at multifake.net
Thu Mar 7 05:58:34 MST 2013

Hey Metthew,

I think you might have a chance.

Did you try clearing binary data stored by samba? There's a whole bunch
of stuff in tdb files in potentially more than one place (on Debian it's
under /var/lib/samba). Parts are temporary data and safe to remove.
Thereof cached data, connection data and I think file locking
information too. Some other files contain credentials and perhaps ID
mapping data you better preserve (was it secrets.tdb?). In my
experience, things can become corrupted and samba fails in some way. You
can always backup that stuff and try after 6 PM.

Andreas

--
Andreas Gaiser
Berlin