[Samba] EXTERNAL: Re: SAMBA bringing NFS server to a halt

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Wed Mar 6 08:33:10 MST 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 10:06 -0500, Simo wrote:

[SNIP]

> Jonathan,
> you are not being helpful here.

Actually I am being helpful, given the limited information provided.
There are a whole host of issues with Samba and NFS fixed between
RHEL5.3 and RHEL5.8/5.9 that are likely to be related to his problem.
Trust me I have the scars to prove it.

> We all understood you really want Joseph to upgrade, and we all
> acknowledge that is good practice, but Joseph seem to have constraints
> he cannot overcome right now.

Then I believe he won't be able to fix his problem. He might be able to
patch over the problem with deadtime and max connections options but
that is not really a fix, and won't address the gaping security holes in
his setup.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.