[Samba] one server two shares two different users login at the same time

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Wed Mar 6 07:26:07 MST 2013

Hi,

we have a setup where an user has to access two different shares with
different useraccounts on one server with one client computer. (in this
case Appel Mac)

As we had problems connecting to the same hostname I added a second
domainname and a second ip to that server.

Than we connect to the shares with

smb://USERNAME@servername.domain.de/USERNAME/

Connecting to one share at a time this works like a charm.

Connecting to both shares at the same time forces the user to connect
multiple times, as the first attempt fails with "no access right" warnings.

From the server logfile I dont get anything helpful to me so far.

Any suggestion what might cause the hickup? Or is there a better way in
configuring something like this?

Thanks for any suggestion!

	Regards . Götz
--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Thomas Schadt