[Samba] ldap-query operating system attribute

Ali Bendriss ali.bendriss at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 07:43:45 MST 2013

Hello,

I'm running samba 4.0.3.
when I query the operatingsystem attribute using
ldapsearch ... -P 3 "(objectCategory=computer)"

The operatingsystem value returned for "Windows 7 Professionnel N"
is operatingSystem:: V2luZG93c8KgNyBQcm9mZXNzaW9ubmVsIE4=
which translate to Windows 7 Professionnel N
But when I look at it using dsa.msc I can read "Windows 7 Professionnel N"

For other system, it's fine, I've got "Windows XP Professional", "Mac OS X",
"Windows 7 Professionnel"
I've got only the problem for the 'N' version.

Could someone let me know if he can see or not the same problem.

thanks

--
Ali