[Samba] EXTERNAL: Re: SAMBA bringing NFS server to a halt

Joseph, Matthew (EXP) matthew.joseph at lmco.com
Wed Mar 6 07:27:30 MST 2013

Hello JAB,

You need to understand that installing patches and upgrading servers is not a simple task when it comes to my situation. My first step is to try to figure out if it's a OS fault or if it can be fixed with modifying configurations of the OS or in this case Samba (or my configuration of Samba).

You are making a lot of assumptions which is fine if that is what you choose to believe. It is a completely closed LAN with multiple layers of security so let's leave it at that.
If the solution is to install patches then it is something I will look into but again that is a long process that I would prefer not to go into if it is not needed for this situation.