[Samba] SAMBA bringing NFS server to a halt

Andersen, Jan jandersen at informatica.com
Wed Mar 6 06:18:23 MST 2013

I disagree.

There can be many reasons why using a later version of a system or an application is not possible. Just as an example, I manage a number of UNIX servers running a range of very old OSes - Solaris 8, AIX 4 and others. I think the oldest operating system we have is a version of MPE/iX. That is part of how we make money.

Apart from that, your tone seems to suggest that your mission is not to help and support, but to put somebody down and make them feel stupid; not very commendable, I think.

/jan