[Samba] Samba 4 DC benefit + filesharing without ACLS

ask-Q-view at gmx.net ask-Q-view at gmx.net
Tue Mar 5 16:46:04 MST 2013

Hi Folks,

I think about to migrate my smb3 PDC to samba 4 due to the administrative benefit regarding my win-clients. For file sharing I do not have to use the ACL at all. My problem is on smb4 the understanding of right management in this case. If I just put 'nt acl support = no' to my share defs. followed by chmod -R 777 SHARE It will be fine and or enough?

Further I realized that if a osx (not joined) client connect (common user) to a share it is possible to delete the 'netlogon' + 'sysvol' per default !?

I would appreciate a quick explanation about smb4  + file sharing without  ACL support at all.

Best,