[Samba] sysvolreset failing on glusterfs

Andreas Gaiser/L info at multifake.net
Sun Mar 3 10:31:56 MST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a domain with two DCs based on 4.0.3. Following some
hint, I wanna use glusterfs for the sysvol. Glusterfs it runs nicely. I
can set acls on both machines using setfacl and the other one lists them
almost immediately with getfacl.

But running "samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset is failing badly giving the
following error.

In a later attempt, without significant changes I remember, the script
more or less seemed to work and created indeed ACEs, but still came up
with this error after some minutes.

root at dc1:~# samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
set_nt_acl_no_snum: fset_nt_acl returned NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED.
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (-1073741637,
'NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED')
  File
"/opt/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line
175, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/netcmd/ntacl.py",
line 214, in run
    lp, use_ntvfs=use_ntvfs)
  File
"/opt/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/provision/__init__.py",
line 1563, in setsysvolacl
    setntacl(lp,sysvol, SYSVOL_ACL, str(domainsid), use_ntvfs=use_ntvfs,
skip_invalid_chown=True, passdb=s4_passdb)
  File "/opt/samba/lib/python2.6/site-packages/samba/ntacls.py", line
154, in setntacl
    smbd.set_nt_acl(file, security.SECINFO_OWNER |
security.SECINFO_GROUP | security.SECINFO_DACL | security.SECINFO_SACL, sd)

Running mount is showing the target fs without ACLs, although they do
work, as said before, and although I do have mounted the fs using -o
acl,rw. The underlying ext3 fs is of cause running with acls enabled,
too. This is what mount looks like for the involved fs's:

fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
/dev/xvda3 on /var/glusterfs/brick1 type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)
localhost:/dc-vol on /export/dc-vol type fuse.glusterfs
(rw,allow_other,max_read=131072)

Andreas
--
Andreas Gaiser, Berlin, Germany