[Samba] samba4 PDC to BDC file replication

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Mar 3 09:37:57 MST 2013

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 02:41:35PM +1000, C Waddy wrote:
> No luck so far with a suitable solution for file replication to BDC and
> retain ntfs perms..
>
> After testing again with Rsync, it will not preserve NTFS permissions, no
> matter what flags are used?
>
> Glusterfs is cool but only for 64 Bit systems.
>
> There must be a solution to this with Samba4, anyone using a tested and
> working Method?
>
> Without the replication of folders/files with NTFS ACL's we can't use
> Samba4 in our Business which is very frustrating :(

Are you talking about a filesystem mounted from Linux
formatted as NTFS ? Or a normal Samba filesystem (e.g.
ext4) with Samba-style NTFS permissions stored on it ?

If the latter, and rsync isn't copying the Samba NTFS
permissions, I have an idea as to what may be wrong
here.

Might need an rsync patch :-).

Jeremy.