[Samba] MS-SNTP signd block

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Mar 1 14:29:46 MST 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-01 at 08:39 -0500, felix at epepm.cupet.cu wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > How can I solve the following message ?
> >
> > "MS-SNTP signd operations currently block ntpd degrading service to all
> > clients"
> >

> I think it is normal behaviour.

Correct.  Essentially the ntpd code is not optimal, it would be great if
it would use an async framework and fully non-blocking operations.  This
wasn't practical in the codebase at the time I wrote the patch.

Therefore, if samba was running, but took time to reply (perhaps because
it was waiting on an open transaction) then the process of serving other
clients would be delayed.

Andrew Bartlett