[Samba] [SOLVED] replace Windows 2003 dc]

Sérgio Henrique sermac at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 06:52:29 MST 2013

Yes:
_ldap._tcp.DomainDnsZones.example.local
_ldap._tcp.ForestDnsZones.example.local
_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.ForestDnsZones.example.local
_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.DomainDnsZones.example.local

fixfsmo http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949257 windows 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Peter Beck <peter at datentraeger.li> wrote:

> Sérgio Henrique <sermac at gmail.com> quatschte am Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at
> 04:26:30PM +0000:
> > Solved.
> >
> > I have sucessfully migrated a windows 2008R2 domain to samba4 and then
> > create a new samba domain as a replica.
> >
> > A lot of steps i had to introduce.
>
> Hi Sérgio,
>
> > 1- Working on DNS
> > add samba dc to forest and domain dns _ldap values
> > change DNS SOA to samba4 and add samba4 as NS
>
> are you talking about these records:
>
> _ldap._tcp.DomainDnsZones.example.local
> _ldap._tcp.ForestDnsZones.example.local
> _ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.ForestDnsZones.example.local
> _ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.DomainDnsZones.example.local
>
> ? I'd like to add that to my checklist... ;-)
>
> > 2- Working on fsmo
> > run script fixfsmo.vbs
> > samba-tool transfer all roles
> > run adsedit and change samba dc fsMORoleOwner to samba dc
>
> But you had to do that because of your dcpromo command was failing,
> correct ?
> What is fixfsmo.vbs ? Is that a Server 2008 script?

Regarding the OUTBOUND they only work after you sucessfully dcpromo the
windows domain and join another samba domain to the domain.

With windows 2008 i can only add --local replication to the DNSZones.

Best Regards,
Sérgio Machado

> > ==== OUTBOUND NEIGHBORS ====
> >
> > DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=lisboa,DC=local
> >         Default-First-Site-Name\DC2 via RPC
> >                 DSA object GUID: 1f42942d-4d0f-4075-b681-f09f5ed8c95b
> >                 Last attempt @ NTTIME(0) was successful
> >                 0 consecutive failure(s).
> >                 Last success @ NTTIME(0)
> >
> > DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=lisboa,DC=local
> >         Default-First-Site-Name\DC2 via RPC
> >                 DSA object GUID: 1f42942d-4d0f-4075-b681-f09f5ed8c95b
> >                 Last attempt @ NTTIME(0) was successful
> >                 0 consecutive failure(s).
> >                 Last success @ NTTIME(0)
>
> and you got these outbound neighbors after adding the DNS SRV records
> mentioned above ? Somehow these two entries are also missing in my test
> environment with Server 2003...
>
> Thanks
> Peter
> --