[Samba] samba4 PDC to BDC file replication

Andreas Gaiser/L info at multifake.net
Fri Mar 1 01:55:11 MST 2013

> I'm voting for...

So do I, with the reservation that glusterfs requires an amd64 system,
at least officially, whereas some people report (partial) success on
i386 (don't know about non-Intel).

But it will still be required to provide some sort of synchronous
ID-mapping, which seems to be a much tougher task than just glusterfs.

The only promising alternative I have found so far is the use of RFC2307
schema attributes, which is no fun to maintain manually and even then
seems not to work out of the box with ADUC only. I've written a script
(I'm admitting it's PHP) for this task and my plan is to test the entire
setup this weekend.