[Samba] samba4 missing group membership with getent group

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 24 11:47:07 MDT 2013

Hi Marc, ok it looks like anything will work on an S4 server apart from
winbind ;-)

My working /etc/sssd/sssd.conf on the S4 server is:

[sssd]
config_file_version = 2
domains = example.com
services = nss, pam

[nss]

[pam]

[domain/example.com]
description = AD domain with Samba 4 server
cache_credentials = true
id_provider = ldap
auth_provider = krb5
chpass_provider = krb5
access_provider = ldap

krb5_realm = EXAMPLE.COM

ldap_referrals = false
ldap_sasl_mech = GSSAPI
ldap_schema = rfc2307bis
ldap_access_order = expire
ldap_account_expire_policy = ad
ldap_force_upper_case_realm = true
ldap_user_object_class = user
ldap_user_name = sAMAccountName
ldap_user_home_directory = unixHomeDirectory
ldap_user_principal = userPrincipalName
ldap_group_object_class = group
ldap_group_name = sAMAccountName

Thats it, no special user, no passwords, it just works, I haven't found any
problems yet, touch wood.

And when 1.10.0 gets released (it's in beta at the moment) it gets even
better:

[sssd]
config_file_version = 2
domains = example.com
services = nss, pam

[nss]

[pam]

[domain/example.com]
description = AD domain with Samba 4 server
cache_credentials = true
enumerate = False
id_provider = ad
auth_provider = ad