[Samba] Samba3 capable of AD auth. without matching Linux users?

Marc Muehlfeld samba at marc-muehlfeld.de
Sun Jun 23 15:39:02 MDT 2013

Hello Stefan,

Am 23.06.2013 22:44, schrieb Stefan Midjich:
> I eventually got it working with the following configuration, in case any
> googlers find it helpful.
>
> I wrote it all down here on this wiki
> http://wiki.sydit.se/teknik:ad_autentisering_foer_cifs_med_samba Just so I
> would not forget until tomorrow. :)

I haven't fully compared, but isn't it widely the same like here:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/Domain_Member
Is there a reason, why you use Idmap backend rid and don't take the UIDs
from AD?

I don't understand swedish and what you wrote in the sentence before,
but I think setting
127.0.0.1       webb01.domain.local webb01
could maybe make problems somewhere sometime. 127.0.0.1 should be better
resolved to localhost. If some program resolves "webb01" /etc/hosts
would return 127.0.0.1 instead of the IP of your NIC.

Regards,
Marc