[Samba] str[fp]time - what is this and can I add padding? smb.conf

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jun 18 10:59:47 MDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 04:23:56PM +0100, Tom Jermy wrote:
> I'm wanting to extend vfs shadow_copy2 in samba a little and want to add
> additional information to the snapshot name - it's parsed by str[fp]time with
> the format:
>
>  %Y%m%d-%H%M%S
>
> I want to add a 6 arbitrary characters to the beginning or end of this and
> still have it parsed correctly.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Can't you just hand-parse the 6 characters first before handing the rest
over to str[fp]time ? So long as you know they're going to be there of
course. I'm not quite sure what you're after here.

I like the look of the ZFS shadow copy work ! Please finish up and
submit it so we can get it into master.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.