[Samba] How to add a client to a domain?

quiztli at lavabit.com quiztli at lavabit.com
Tue Jun 18 03:03:37 MDT 2013

Thanks for your advice René. I checked the two clients and the one that is
already part of the domain did have these entries. The client I'm trying
to connect didn't so I added them.

I restarted the client and tried to join it into the domain. I still get a
promt for an user and account that can join/connect to the domain. What
sort of account should be given here?
I've tried a few combinations but none succeeded. The documentation I
referred to earlier brings up a few alternative approaches, one being "a
Samba account that has root privileges on the Samba server".

Just to point out: Besides the "actual" domain the clients are part of
there also seems to be a domain solely for the server (the server is named
FOOBAR and there's a corresponding FOOBAR domain)