[Samba] Samba + LDAP: Issue adding machine.

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 14:01:11 MDT 2013

I would compare the LDAP attributes between a problem machine and a
working machine.    Each machine has to have a unique unix account name
and SID.

Normally you don't need to precreate the samba acct with "smbpasswd -a
-m" or pdbedit.      However it may help with the diagnostics to see
what is not getting created.  If you use smbpasswd or pdbedit to create
the account, then use the ldap editor to fill in the missing attributes
then you should be able to join the domain.

Also double check that machine accounts are not being created in some
other LDAP ou than you expected.    you might be trying to fix one ldap
entry while samba is creating one somewhere else.

It gets tricky when you use smbpasswd or pdbedit to create an account
and it sees some attributes ther