[Samba] Problems when saving AutoCAD files

Santiago Pestarini santiagonob at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 08:33:33 MDT 2013

Hi!
I was searching for info about this issue and found almost nothing.
So, let's go directly to the matters...

- Problem:
AutoCAD says "You do not have permission to save to this location."
when trying to save the file in the samba share dir.
(This problem only occur with AutoCAD.)

- Scenary:
Running AutoCAD in a WinXP/Win7 PC, opening a DWG AutoCAD file from
samba share dir in Zentyal Linux server.

I have Samba 4.0.5 running in my Zentyal 3.0.21, both recently updated.

- smb.conf contents:
[global]
    workgroup = ESTUDIO
    realm = ESTUDIO.LAN
    netbios name = zentyal
    server string = Zentyal File Server
    server role = dc
    server role check:inhibit = yes
    server services = s3fs, rpc, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
    server signing = auto

    interfaces = lo,eth0
    bind interfaces only = yes

    log level = 3
    log file = /var/log/samba/samba.log

    guest ok = yes
    map to guest = bad user
    guest account = nobody
    auth methods = guest sam_ignoredomain

[profiles]
    path = /home/samba/profiles
    browseable = no
    read only = no

[netlogon]
    path = /opt/samba4/var/locks/sysvol/estudio.lan/scripts
    browseable = no
    read only = yes

[sysvol]
    path = /opt/samba4/var/locks/sysvol
    read only = no

[homes]
    comment = Directorios de usuario
    path = /home/%S
    read only = no
    browseable = no
    create mask = 0611
    directory mask = 0711
    vfs objects = acl_xattr full_audit scannedonly recycle

# Shares
[expedientes]
    comment = Expedientes
    path = /home/samba/shares/expedientes
    browseable = Yes
    read only = No
    force create mode = 0660
    force directory mode = 0660
    vfs objects = acl_xattr full_audit scannedonly recycle

----

Also read this where Autodesk "wash their hands", blaming the server,
the client, the network, etc:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Unable-to-save-drawing/td-p/72075

Please Help!