[Samba] NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME for Windows Server 2008

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Thu Jun 13 14:21:47 MDT 2013

On 06/06/13 16:10, samuel.ferencik at barclays.com wrote:

[SNIP]

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> Version 3.0.33-3.39.el5_8
> and
> Version 3.6.9-151.el6

Package names suggest you are using a RHEL derivative. Do yourself a
favour and on your RHEL5 boxes install the Samba3x packages to get
something remotely recent. There is no excuse for running the plain
samba packages on a RHEL5 based distro in 2013.

I guess there are issues that are preventing you from posting your
smb.conf. However you should be able to connect to Server2008 R2 using
the smbclient from RHEL5 Samba3x packages and RHEL6 Samba packages. I
can on the CentOS versions so I doubt the issue is with the Windows Server.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.