[Samba] Samba4 DES enctypes

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Jun 12 18:18:01 MDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-06-12 at 11:11 -0400, Steve Thompson wrote:
> Samba4 4.0.5, CentOS 6.4.
>
> How does one enable DES enctypes in Samba? I need these to be available
> for each user when they log in to enable access to a Kerberized NFSv4
> export.

These should work without the DES enctypes, but if you really need them
they can be forced per-principal with a user account flag on
userAccountControl

UF_USE_DES_KEY_ONLY 0x00200000 (convert to decimal and or into the other
userAccountControl values for the principal involved).

But DES kerberos is quite weak these days, so please try and use a
modern cryptosystem, because it's more than a decade since
arcfour-hmac-md5 was introduced.

Andrew Bartlett