[Samba] Samba 4 Additional DC existing domain

Dino Edwards dino.edwards at mydirectmail.net
Tue Jun 11 10:27:04 MDT 2013

When I run:
/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -i -M single -d3

I get the following:

samba version 4.0.6 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2012
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_spnego' registered
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5' registered
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5_sasl' registered
GENSEC backend 'schannel' registered
GENSEC backend 'spnego' registered
GENSEC backend 'ntlmssp' registered
GENSEC backend 'krb5' registered
GENSEC backend 'fake_gssapi_krb5' registered
NTPTR backend 'simple_ldb'
NTVFS backend 'default' for type 1 registered
NTVFS backend 'posix' for type 1 registered
NTVFS backend 'unixuid' for type 1 registered
NTVFS backend 'unixuid' for type 3 registered
NTVFS backend 'unixuid' for type 2 registered
NTVFS backend 'cifs' for type 1 registered
NTVFS backend 'smb2' for type 1 registered
NTVFS backend 'simple' for type 1 registered
NTVFS backend 'cifsposix' for type 1 registered
NTVFS backend 'default' for type 3 registered
NTVFS backend 'default' for type 2 registered
NTVFS backend 'nbench' for type 1 registered
PROCESS_MODEL 'single' registered
PROCESS_MODEL 'onefork' registered
PROCESS_MODEL 'prefork' registered
PROCESS_MODEL 'standard' registered
AUTH backend 'sam' registered
AUTH backend 'sam_ignoredomain' registered
AUTH backend 'anonymous' registered
AUTH backend 'winbind' registered
AUTH backend 'winbind_wbclient' registered
AUTH backend 'name_to_ntstatus' registered
AUTH backend 'unix' registered
SHARE backend [classic] registered.
SHARE backend [ldb] registered.
At this time the 'samba' binary should only be used for either:
'server role = active directory domain controller' or to access the ntvfs file server with 'server services = +smb' or the rpc proxy with 'dcerpc endpoint servers = remote'
You should start smbd/nmbd/winbindd instead for domain member and standalone file server task