[Samba] Samba 4 Additional DC existing domain

Dino Edwards dino.edwards at mydirectmail.net
Tue Jun 11 10:21:51 MDT 2013

I'm pretty sure I did unless I'm missing something. According to what I'm reading, the very first step is running the kinit administrator command which of course shows no output on the screen. So, to address the second suggestion when I run:

/usr/local/samba/sbin/samba -i -M single

I get this:

samba version 4.0.6 started.
Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2012
At this time the 'samba' binary should only be used for either:
'server role = active directory domain controller' or to access the ntvfs file server with 'server services = +smb' or the rpc proxy with 'dcerpc endpoint servers = remote'
You should start smbd/nmbd/winbindd instead for domain member and standalone file server tasks

Dino

Did you followed *all* steps from the
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC
HowTo? I didn't saw, in the steps you had listed, that you joined the domain, etc.

Can you start Samba with the following command and see, what it outputs:
# samba -i -M single

Regards,
Marc