[Samba] samba4+bind on centos

Rowland Penny rpenny at f2s.com
Tue Jun 11 04:52:16 MDT 2013

You need to create the reverse zone using samba-tool.

Example using '192.168.0.10' for the Samba 4 server and the realm
'DOMAIN.LAN'

samba-tool dns zonecreate 192.168.0.10 0.168.192.in-addr.arpa -U
Administrator at DOMAIN.LAN

Now add the AD server to the reverse zone. Here the Samba 4 servers FQDN is
'adserver.domain.lan'

samba-tool dns add 192.168.0.10 0.168.192.in-addr.arpa 10 PTR
adserver.domain.lan -U Administrator at DOMAIN.LAN

Rowland