[Samba] Server patching DC stopped working

Jamin Shanti radjammin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 14:41:57 MDT 2013

Hello,

  I have been running Samba4 on a Ubuntu 12.10 for a few months.

Using this setup script,

I have also been using PBIS (Open-wise 7.1)  to connect Linux clients to
it.  I have has this setup for serveral months.

Now if I connect to a windows computer I get access denied and it still
works on linux via PBIS.

If I login to the windows computer with a local account, I can "Run-As" as
the Domain account, but I cannot join a computer to the domain.  If I type
DCHostname\domainaccount it will work on some screens.  Even stranger I can
still open DNS manager and Active Directory manger from a joined Windows
Server.  Also the port 445 samba shares are still available.

It's like the Domain name has been updated with the dccompuername in some
configuration, but that is only a guess.

Can you suggest a recovery model I can use to setup a new server with this
Active Directoy information intact.

Setup Script:

sudo resize2fs /dev/xvde1
apt-get install -y gcc libacl-devel libblkid-devel gnutls-devel
readline-devel python-devel gdb pkgconfig krb5-workstation zlib-devel
setroubleshoot-server setroubleshoot-plugins policycoreutils-python
libsemanage-python setools-libs-python setools-libs popt-devel
libpcap-devel sqlite-devel libidn-devel libxml2-devel libacl-devel
libsepol-devel libattr-devel keyutils-libs-devel cyrus-sasl-devel cups-devel
apt-get install -y git
git clone -b v4-0-stable git://git.samba.org/samba.git samba4
cd samba4/
./configure
make
make install
cd /
/usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool domain provision --realm test.local
--domain TEST --adminpass Pa$$w0rd --server-role=dc
apt-get install -y bzr
bzr cat
http://bzr.debian.org/bzr/pkg-samba/samba4/unstable/debian/samba4.upstart >
/etc/init/samba4.conf