[Samba] Certificates stop working after password change

Joaquin Cabrera joca_323 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 14:41:57 MDT 2013

Hi,

We found the following problem when working with personal certificates.

We have a system in java using certificates at the time of signing, the certificates stop working when the user performs a password change.

Customers are connected to the domain Samba4, mainly are pc with windows 7 or vista. This error does not happen with certificates if the equipment is in a workgroup.

We also found that if the user change back to the previous password can sign correctly.

Reinstall Cetificates whenever the user changes their password is not an option, because we want to implement a policy requiring change passwords every three months.

The samba versión is 4.0.3
samba4:~ # uname -a
Linux samba4 3.0.42-0.7-default #1 SMP Tue Oct 9 11:58:45 UTC 2012 (a8dc443) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
samba4:~ # cat /etc/*-release
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 2

So far the only problem we have found.

Any idea is welcome.