[Samba] Samba 3 and Windows 8 Point'n'Print drivers

Chris Smith smb_77 at chrissmith.org
Thu Jun 6 12:01:22 MDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Lukasz Zalewski <lukas at eecs.qmul.ac.uk> wrote:
> Thank you for this. Unfortunately i do not even get that far. Windows claims
> that there is no driver found :(
>
> Does the driver have to be installed manually?

I'm using the standard CUPS drivers. They work with all of the
printers I need to support (HP, Konica, Kyocera, Toshiba, Xerox,
etc.). I have another blog post about using those:
http://blog.realcomputerguy.com/2011/10/cups-samba-64bit-driver-installation.html

Unfortunately the links to the CUPS drivers are now defunct - a sad
day when Apple bought EasySW.

Regretting the day when those will become unusable... they make things so easy.