[Samba] NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME for Windows Server 2008

samuel.ferencik at barclays.com samuel.ferencik at barclays.com
Thu Jun 6 09:10:46 MDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Allison [mailto:jra at samba.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 4:51 PM
To: Ferencik, Samuel: Markets (PRG)
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME for Windows Server 2008

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 05:14:47PM +0100, samuel.ferencik at barclays.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our smbclient calls have started failing on connections to Windows 2008 AD servers. (Previously there were only Windows 2003 Servers, so we had no issues.)
>
>   Domain=[INTRANET] OS=[Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 7601 Service Pack 1] Server=[Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 6.1]
>   tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
>
> Is this post [ http://serverfault.com/a/303483 ] correct when it says that Samba cannot connect to Win2k8? (We have issues with smbclient versions 3.0 - 3.6.)

What version of Samba are you running ? smbclient can
certainly connect to W2K8.

Jeremy.

==
Hi Jeremy,

Version 3.0.33-3.39.el5_8
and
Version 3.6.9-151.el6

The problem is reproducible in both.

Regards,
Sam

This message is for information purposes only, it is not a recommendation, advice, offer or solicitation to buy or sell a product or service nor an official confirmation of any transaction. It is directed at persons who are professionals and is not intended for retail customer use. Intended for recipient only. This message is subject to the terms at: www.barclays.com/emaildisclaimer.

For important disclosures, please see: www.barclays.com/salesandtradingdisclaimer regarding market commentary from Barclays Sales and/or Trading, who are active market participants; and in respect of Barclays Research, including disclosures relating to specific issuers, please see http://publicresearch.barclays.com.