[Samba] Security = ADS and uidnumbers

Rowland Penny rpenny at f2s.com
Wed Jun 5 07:27:36 MDT 2013

Yes, he could do that, providing his users never go anywhere near any files
or directories stored on a samba4 server, if they do, they will suddenly
find that have a different id on the server,  I have been there and it is
just a mess, it took me a bit to realise why users did not own the files
they had just created on a cifs mount.

Go with sssd, it is a lot less bother.