[Samba] Removed bind 9.8 installed bind 9.9 now named will not start with samba include statement: dlz_bind9_9.so incorrect version 2 should be 1!?

Gary Maurizi garymaurizi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 23:41:04 MDT 2013

I removed the centos bind build and installed bind 9.9.3 from ISC source,
and went to /usr/local/samba/private/named.conf and changed the line from
bind 9.8 to bind 9.9 and now I get this error and named will not start with
the include line for samba in /etc/named.conf:

get: "dlz_dlopen: incorrect version 2 should be 1 in
'/usr/local/samba/lib/bind9/dlz_bind9_9.so'"

Help!

I'm guessing I have to go into my samba-master git folder and replace the
file dnz_bind9_9.so with another for bind 9.9.3?

Thank you so much,
GM