[Samba] "./configure" LDAP checks failing on AIX

Gilles Pion gilles.pion at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 03:47:51 MDT 2013

(reposting because gmane web interface appears tu have stripped
"subject" header)

> Where is ldap.h on your system.  It may be enough to just specify
> CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/openldap/include" ./configure
>
> (if that is where ldap.h is).
>
> If we have found ldap.h, it will be added to those tests.

I'm using a dedicated openldap installation located in the samba destination
directory
(openldap "./configure" prefix is the same as samba "./configure" prefix)

Also, as I've alway done for configure env variables, for includes switches,
I'm not using "CFLAGS"
but "CPPLAGS".
(which BTW contains the required "-I" switch pointing to ldap headers directory)

Is this not correct?

Note that with the following fix to ".source3/wscript" the check is
successfull,

replaced
conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('ldap_init ldap_init_fd ldap_initialize
                     ldap_set_rebind_proc', 'ldap')
conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('ldap_add_result_entry', 'ldap')

by
conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('ldap_init ldap_init_fd ldap_initialize
ldap_set_rebind_proc', 'ldap',
                     headers='ldap.h lber.h')
conf.CHECK_FUNCS_IN('ldap_add_result_entry', 'ldap',
                     headers='ldap.h')

--
Gilles PION