[Samba] Question on approach to authenticate Linux against Samba4

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Mon Jul 29 00:27:03 MDT 2013

So first of all winbind is  the fastest and easiest solution with samba 4:
Just be sure winbind is loaded in your samba4 smb.conf. So winbind can read
from samba:
wbinfo -u
Administrator
Guest
krbtgt
dns-s4master
then do a ldconfig -v | grep winbind
If the result is ex:

ldconfig: /etc/ld.so.conf.d/kernel-2.6.32-358.11.1.el6.x86_64.conf:6:
duplicate hwcap 1 nosegneg
        libnss_winbind.so -> libnss_winbind.so.2

You have to link libnss_winbind this way ex.:

ln -s  /usr/local/samba/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2  /lib64/libnss_winbind.so
ln  -s /lib64/libnss_winbind.so  /lib64/libnss_winbind.so.2

In your nsswitch.conf:
passwd:     files winbind
shadow:     files
group:      files winbind

now you get all your ads members and groups with getent passwd and group.

Good luck
Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV