[Samba] Fwd: About samba 3.0.28 trust AD

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 17:48:14 MDT 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Marc Muehlfeld <samba at marc-muehlfeld.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 06.07.2013 15:26, schrieb Wong siu yu:
>
>> I had a RedHat 5.2 need to trust domain the Windows Server 2008 R2 (forest
>> level 2003).
>> Which package I need to install first? I am using samba-3.0.28 but I have
>> no samba-winbind.
>> May I know procedures of trust setting in Linux?
>

> Please have a look here first:
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/FAQ#How_to_do_or_fix_..._in_an_outdated_Samba_version.3F

Red Hat 5.2 (which is amazingly old now), or RHEL 5.2 (which is only 5
years old)? If RHEL 5.2, you should at least remove the samba-*
packages and replace them with the samba3x-* packages, which include
samba3x-winbind and are version 3.6.6, instead of the much older
samba-3.0.33 which is the last update from a licensed RHEL host.

If your RHEL license has expired, you can also consider using the
CentOS or Scientific Linux versions of the package. And if you really
need them, I've been publishing clean tools for building samba-3.6.12
RPM's at https://github.com/nkadel/samba-3.6.12-srpm.